Tuesday Tips - David Muench
Photograph from Pixabay.com, a public domain website
Although this is not David’s photograph, he has many images of Monument Valley and more on his website. See link below.
- David Muench is an American landscape and nature photographer.
- He was born June 25, 1936 in Santa Barbara, California.
- His mother was a writer of natural history, his father was a photographer. He helped his father by being his model as a child and printing his photographs as a teenager.
- He is known for the American western landscape.
- His photographs have appeared in more than 50 books, magazines, posters, etc.
- David worked for Arizona Highway for more than 50 years.
- In the 1950s he became a freelance photographer.
- He attended the Rochester Institute of Technology, NY, University of California at Santa Barbara, Art Center School of Design, LA, CA. Although these places provided a degree in photography and the technical knowledge of the time, he says It is nature that remains my teacher. (from his website).
- David is the photographer of 33 large murals (commissioned by the National Park Service) on the Lewis and Clark Expedition on display at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis.
- He has expanded his photography to places like New Zealand, Antarctica, South Africa, Russia, Patagonia, and Belarus.
- His son, Marc, is a photographer, concentrating on landscape and outdoor action.
- His daughter, Zandria, is also a photographer. Her subjects include animals, nature, and landscape.
Links of Interest:
David Muench Landscape Photography - A Classic American Legacy Spanning Two Centuries - http://davidmuenchphotography.com/
David Muench Workshops - http://muenchworkshops.com/david-muench/
David Muench Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/davidmuenchphotography/
Landscape and Nature Photographer David Muench Shares his Photography Portfolio: Toprock - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuqLW_YuOiM
Interview with Marc Muench - https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/2016/interview-marc-muench/