22/09/15 17:21 Tags:Bucks County PA
Since fall begins tomorrow, I thought it would be nice to share some ideas on things to do in Bucks County, PA during this colorful season. Bucks County is about 20 min. north of Philadelphia, an hour and a half by train from New York City, and a couple of hours by car to Ocean City, New Jersey. Over the coming weeks, I'll be talking about not only Bucks County, but the rest of PA, NJ, NY, and DE. Our whole area has so many great places to see, even Washington, DC is only a 3 hour drive away.
The latest update to the WhereToThisTime site is an interview with Fine Art photographer Natalie Ford. She has done a beautiful series called "Faces of Peace" Buddhas. In December 2013, this series was on display at the Tibet House US. The Tibet House was founded by Columbia University Professor Robert Thurman, actor Richard Gere, and composer Philip Glass. Our article spotlights 10 of the Buddhas in the series. The Buddha of Serenity was featured at Christie's Auctions.
You can read her interview here:
And don't forget about our interview with actor and fine art photographer Parker Stevenson. Parker is known for his work in "Hardy Boys," "Baywatch," "North and South," and more.
Thank you for stopping by and enjoy!
07/09/15 18:58 Tags:Navigation
I thought here would be a great place to tell you a bit about the sidebar to the website and what's new.
The PHOTOGRAPHY page features information and links to cameras, tips for great travel photography, and photographers.
The FOCUS ON section features interviews with photographers sharing their photos and tips for great pictures!
- Parker Stevenson - actor well-known as Frank Hardy in The Hardy Boys as well as North and South, Baywatch, and more talks about his new career as a fine art photographer.
- Natalie Ford - fine art photographer featuring a series on Faces of the Buddha.
- Benjie Chankin - fine art floral photographer
- Josh Friedman - fine art photographer from Bucks County, PA
The trips I'm personally writing about are those I've taken with Margaret and the one to Alaska with my Aunt Rosella. They're mainly a diary of the things we did from day to day, places we ate, visited, and photos, a place for me to be able to re-live all those memories.
- LONDON AND PARIS is the story of my trip with Margaret in January, 1985 while we were in college.
- 1989 FLORIDA is the story of my trip with Margaret in June, 1989.
The PHOTO ALBUMS section is a collection of photos I took on vacations.
- Denali National Park, Alaska with my Aunt Rosella in June, 1991
- Yosemite National Park, California with Margaret in July, 1990
- Surfers Paradise, Australia with Margaret in October/November, 1995
- Butchart Gardens, Canada with Aunt Rosella in July, 1991
- Planes - links to domestic and international airlines, their baggage policies, pet policies, and more!
- Trains - links to railroad transportation both domestic and international, including scenic train rides.
JEEP TRAVEL is devoted to all travel things that include Jeep tours and more.
07/09/15 12:55 Tags:Welcome
If you have visited the main page, then you have an idea what this website is all about.
I thought this would be a good place to expand on the sidebar for easier navigation and a quicker way to find what interests you and to keep you updated on new content. Hopefully as we go along, I will be able to give you travel updates from around the world, links to the latest deals on air travel, hotels, tours, and more!
And I would love your suggestions for the site, articles you would like to read, ideas for interviews and content. If you are a traveler, artist, photographer, and would consider doing an interview with us, please contact me. Coming soon we will be spotlighting more photographers plus veterans including Margaret's husband, Mike Lapolla, who was in the Coastguard and my good friend, Alice Chapman, who is a Colonel in the Air Force. Also featured will be Bonnie Porter, a local artist here in Bucks County who has designed for many companies including Lenox.
Hope you will enjoy and stop back often!